Concordia University of Edmonton has an emergency notification system. This sends a brief message to recipients advising them of the emergency situation. The message goes to Concordia desktops, digital message screens and to a mobile app if the recipient has signed up. If you colleagues and friends have not signed up for the app please advise them to do so.
To sign up for the mobile app please read below.
Emergency Mass Notification App available for Concordia University of Edmonton stakeholders. This will be one means of communicating an emergency message along with our digital signage and desktop alerts.
1. Please download the appropriate app from Alertus for your mobile device so you can receive emergency messages. When you download it please go through the steps slowly as rushing may prevent it from downloading properly.
2. When it asks for a code use: cue
3. Enter an email address you use on your mobile device for the first time when you register
4. Click verify email address
5. Go into the email you listed and click the link to verify your email address
6. You then should be able to go into the app again and you should see the home screen and be ready to receive emergency alerts
This is an example of what the app looks like in Google Play as of October 2016.